The objectives of the program are:
- the advancement of knowledge and the development of research in scientific areas related to the development of systems and devices production and exploitation of energy from renewable sources environmentally friendly,
- providing the necessary high level of knowledge about energy design sustainable buildings incorporating smart energy saving techniques and innovative bioclimatic solutions,
- production of scientific resources to serve the sustainability and protection of the natural and cultural environment by using tools in the wider energy sector.
The Programme awards M.Sc. concerning "Renewable Energy Systems (RES)" in two directions:
- Solar, thermal, photovoltaic and wind systems.
- Energy buildings and Passive Solar Buildings.
In M.Sc are admitted Universities and TEI graduates from Departments Engineering and science Greek or relevant recognized institutions abroad. The number students admitted each M.Sc cycle is defined a maximum of thirty (30) students.
Director: Elias Stathatos, Professor, Department of Electrical Engineering