The aim of the Program is through the combination of the fields of Management Science and Education to provide the necessary knowledge and skills for participants to effectively contribute to the reform and development of educational institutions/schools of the country and the general education system, responding to requirements of contemporary reality.
Parallel to the research mission of the Program, it aims: a) to promote knowledge and development of research in related scientific areas in the field of school administration and organization, and b) the training of teachers and education officials and experts for the development and management of human and material resources within the policy implementation.
Graduates are exploited in various professional and research fields related to educational institutions and the education administration structures.
Objectives of the M.Sc. Program
The M.Sc. Education Management graduates will:
- Learn the fundamental principles of management and how they apply to a modern educational environment.
- Be introduced to the concepts of educational research and take advantage of new technologies to support collaborative learning and promote the research culture in education.
- Be encouraged to design and shape the educational environment to enable effective learning evaluating educational outcomes.
- Demonstrate standards and leadership for the implementation of action plans based on the needs of the educational community.
The typical duration of the Postgraduate Program for obtaining the M.Sc. degree is three (3) semesters full-time, of which there are two semesters with courses and the third is for the preparation of the master thesis. The courses will be offered on non-working days so that working students can attend.
The Graduate Program is designed for:
- University graduates or TEI domestic or congener recognized institutions
- Educational professionals, in the public and private sectors
i. Primary and Secondary school teachers
ii. Education officials at all levels,
iii. Other qualified educational, scientific or administrative staff at all levels of education.
The maximum number of postgraduate students accepted in the programmer is thirty five (35).
Director of M.Sc .: Dr Ioannis Mitropoulos, Professor of Business Administration Department (Patras)