According to this laws, Western Greece University of Applied Sciences (former TEI of Western Greece), has the task:
- to produce and transfer knowledge through research and teaching and prepare students for the knowledge’s implementation at the professional field,
- offer higher education and contribute to lifelong learning with modern methods of teaching, including distance learning, based on scientific and technological research at the highest level of quality according internationally recognized criteria,
- developing the critical thinking and student skills, to ensure for the employability of graduates and to establish the conditions for the development of new researchers,
- responding to labor market needs and professional fields, as well as the development needs of the country, and to promote the diffusion of knowledge, the use of the results of research and innovation with adherence to the principles of scientific ethics, sustainable development and social cohesion,
- promoting cooperation with other educational institutions and research bodies in Greece and abroad, the effective mobility of teachers, students and graduates of contributing to the construction of the European Higher Education and Research
- contribute to the formation of responsible citizens, able to meet the requirements of all fields of human activities and scientific, professional and cultural competence and responsibility with respect to the values of justice, freedom, democracy and social solidarity.
In addition to the above, the mission and vision of Western Greece University of Applied Sciences is summarized as:
- Upgrade of the educational process and curricula (certification) by linking curriculum to production.
- Educational and teaching excellence with particular emphasis on high-quality education, the applications of science and technology in their respective professional fields, combining the development of appropriate theoretical background studies with high level laboratory and practice.
- Strengthening the research excellence.
- Strengthening the international presence by upgrading international cooperation. In this context, designed to increase the Institution's presence in international mobility programs ERASMUS+.
- Upgrading the organization and operation of administration, by adopting new Rules of Procedure and Organisation.
- Use, implementation and utilization of the latest Information and Communications Technologies. In this context is designed to establish an eGovernment Centre which reflects to the convergence of Information and Communication Technologies.
- Upgrading quality of student welfare and support systems for students by increasing positions in privately owned dormitories.
- Connecting the Western Greece University of Applied Sciences with society and promotion of Western Greece University of Applied Sciences in developmental and cultural center of Western Greece. For this purpose, the management of the Institution is involved in all information activities of the Region of Western Greece (RWG) to develop synergies of the scientific potential of Western Greece University of Applied Sciences with their production of the RWG bodies and especially local economies.
- Development of real and intangible property of Western Greece University of Applied Sciences for the benefit of the Institution and society. The Western Greece University of Applied Sciences is processing an integrated plan for that matter and it will submit to the Ministry of Education.
- Developing environmentally friendly University of Applied Sciences Western Greece actions by taking advantage of new technologies.
- Strengthening accessibility and friendliness of Western Greece University of Applied Sciences to all citizens, particularly the disabled.